Sunday, January 25, 2015

Too much Tuscan?


Can you ever have too much Tuscan in a room?  My answer is no.   My dining room is exploding with the Tuscan look.  Since we put this mural up I can't decorate any different way which is alright with me.  Today I got a lot more accomplished that I thought I would in the dining room.  I got most of it done except for the east wall.   I also managed to wash and iron about a hundred napkins.  Yes I ironed my napkins which is surprising to me since I don't like to iron clothes.  Most of them turned out wrinkled and some the fold marks didn't even come out by washing them so I had no other choice.  My new solution is the roll them up instead of folding but now they don't fit in the drawers in the hutch.  But I have an idea where I can store them from now on.  I will be doing a post on my storage of the napkins, tableclothes and napkin rings later on.   For now here is the dining room.










Now for the new item in the room.  I bought this at Homegoods today as a birthday present for myself.



I have always wanted to have a barrel.  This could be a table but it also holds wine.


Right now it is in the corner on the east wall that I haven't finished decorating yet.  I still haven't decided how I want this wall to look.  Well that will be for another day.  Right now I need to finish washing the tableclothes.

Linking with
Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love, Between Naps on the Porch, Le Chateau ded Fleurs, Elizabeth Joan Designs, Coastal Charm, Stone Gable
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cozy Little House, Our Home Away From Home, A Stroll Thru Life, The Dedicated House, The Winthrop Chronicles, Elizabeth and Co, Home Remedies, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Ivy and Elephants, The Style Sisters, The Happy Housie, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, From My Front Porch To Yours, Imparting Grace, Anderson & GrantPosed Perfection, Katherines Corner, All Things With Purpose, Embracing Change, Live Laugh Rowe, Rooted In Thyme, The Charm of Home, Life With Lorelai, Chic on a Shoestring, The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home, Craftberry Bush, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Nancherrow, Serenity Now, Just us Four, Simple Nature Decor, DIY Vintage Chic, Be Different Act Normal, Scrapality, 3 Little Greenwoods, Pieced Pastimes, Pink When, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Thoughts From Alice, Rustic & Refined, DIY Show Off

25 comments :

  1. I love your dining room and the new barrel is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I kept walking by it and I said that if it was still there when I was done shopping I was going to buy it.

      Delete
  2. Your dining room looks great- love the centerpiece on the table and the new barrel- that's a really cool piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the barrel and won't stocking it be fun! Red or white?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room's Tuscan look is terrific and you've decorated all the areas in it with an authentic vibe. The rich colours appeal to me and I'm always drawn to décor in that scheme. Perfect birthday present! The wine barrel table is just made for your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am still trying to figure out how to decorate the corner.

      Delete
  5. Looks so great Jody! I love that barrel. What a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have been looking for one that I liked for a few years now.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a little bit of Italy! I just recently made some ravioli, so we make a good match! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ravioli sounds good right now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Love the wine barrel! It works perfectly with your Tuscan décor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Tuscan is what you love then it's never too much! It certainly does look pretty. Love the new barrel!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I love the colors of Tuscan which just happen to be some of my favorite colors. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  9. This room is simply breathtaking! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will be back for the next party. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. Love your Tuscan room and table! The colors and textures are PERFECT! Your barrel is a great find and fits in perfectly. I look forward to your tips on napkins storage: it is a problem!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will posting the napkin storage today but I still haven't found a new home for the tablecloths yet. Sadly they are still folded up in a pile on the table.

      Delete
  11. I love the rustic crate exploding with grapes. And the wine barrel cabinet is fantastic. Awesome touches to a fabulous room. Thanks for sharing with Scraptastic Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am still working on the barrel in the corner. I want to get it just right.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful table Jody. i know what you mean. I love Tuscan! Great find on the wine barrel. Multi-purpose indeed.

    ReplyDelete