Friday, January 23, 2015

My birthday

Today is my 49th birthday.  I can't believe that I said that.  You know how at a certain age you don't like to celebrate your birthday anymore.  Well mine was at 31.  You see my dad and I shared the same birthday.  The last birthday we shared was my 30th and his 73rd.  I can't believe that 19 birthdays have gone by already without him.  Somehow my birthday just isn't the same without him here.  I still love and miss my dad very much.  So today I want to wish my dad Happy Birthday in heaven.



6 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday Jody! I can imagine how bittersweet the day is without your dad but you have certainly paid a nice tribute to him here. Hope you enjoy your day and either get time to play with your dishes or get some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually bought some new plates for Spring/Easter for my birthday. I can't wait to use them. I might even go out shopping on Sunday and buy me a few more birthday presents. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I lost my dad in November of 97 and he was also a veteran. I love your tribute to your dad and although today is bittersweet for you, just know that he is smiling down on you and celebrating your day in heaven. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment. It gets a little easier every year but I sure wish he was still here.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Jody and Many more. I lost my Dad almost 12 years ago. My first birthday without him made me very sad but, I know he is watching over me. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete