Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My latest Goodwill finds

I went shopping at Goodwill the other day to use my 25% for my birthday.  Isn't funny how you just can't seem to find anything to buy when you can get extra off your purchase.  It took me a week but I finally found a few items.  I was wanting to score big on a piece of furniture but of course they had nothing useable.  I found some little items though.


Not a lot to shout about but I did get all of this for $22.00 not bad.  I will be painting the candle holders and the shadow box.  Not sure where I will put the shadow box yet.  The egg plate has a little bunny on it so that will be used for Easter.  The cup with the lid was a great find as last year my husband got me flowers for mother's day and they came in a teapot that matches this cup.  It was only .99 cents and with the 25% off that made it .75 cents.  Here is a picture of the teapot.  It has the same lid as the cup but it is hard to see as it is nestled in the flowers.




My best piece is this small iron stone tureen.  It is missing the lid and the spoon but I couldn't pass it up.




 
I didn't look at it very well in the store but when I started to take pictures I looked on the bottom and it turned out to be Red cliff iron stone.  As you can see it was marked 1.99 and that day green tags were half off so that made it .99 and with the extra 25% off it came to .75 cents.  Now that's what I call a great deal.  It would have been nice if it had the other pieces but I am going to use it to put flowers in.

Linking with
Life With Lorelai

7 comments :

  1. Great finds. I love the shadow box! I'm looking for one but so far no luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't even looking for it but I thought I might be able to use it somewhere in the house.

      Delete
  2. Jody thanks for linking up this week on The Oh My Heartsie Girls WW we appreciate your share!!!
    Have a great week, Karren@Oh My Heartsie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds and great deal on that ironstone piece. Know you will do something great with it and the other items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think a little paint will go a long way with some of the items.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a very nice score to me! I'm sure you will do something great with your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a hard time lately finding anything at the Goodwills. I was lucky to find these few items that day. I hope that I can get to work on them soon. I am still trying to organize the house which has been slow going.

      Delete