Wednesday, October 19, 2016

DIY Witch's shoes

I am going to be doing a tablescape in my kitchen this weekend using my witch plates so I was wanting some witch shoes to use for the centerpiece.  Since I was having a hard time finding some that where cheap enough I decided to make my own.  You can make these yourself also.



All you need is a pair of shoes, some duct tape some cardboard and some packing paper. I purchased a pair of shoes at Goodwill that I thought would work.  I got lucky that they had a buckle on them already.


I started by bunching up some of the packing paper into the shape I wanted and taping it to the toe of the shoe.


I then added more tape to the toe of the shoe.


Next I cut out the shape on the cardboard that I wanted to use and taped it to the back of the shoe.


I added more tape to cover the cardboard.


The last steps I did was painting the entire shoe with some of my black craft paint.  I painted the strap for the buckle orange, added black dots to it and then added orange dots to the back of the shoe.  I also used purple glitter to the toe area.  I am thinking about adding another element on the glitter area.  I fell it still needs something more.


Be sure to check back and see how they look with my tablescape this weekend.

4 comments :

  1. I can't believe you came up with this idea and executed it so wonderfully! Those shoes were a little "witchy" to begin with though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I thought they looked "witchy" too. That was the reason I chose those. I am going to be tweaking them a bit for next year.

      Delete
  2. Shoes are wonderful!!! Wish I had seen them sooner! I wish I had seen them sooner!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete