Sunday, October 9, 2016

8 ways to add Fall to your home

Fall is just around the corner and there are easy ways to add the color and warmth of Fall to your home.  Here are a few of the things that I like to use in my home.

No. 1 of course if pumpkins.  I like to use faux and real outside.

These are real pumpkins that I used in my wheel barrow.



These are faux pumpkins.  I drilled some holes by the stem and added pea gravel inside so they won't blow away.  Then I hot glued leaves to hide the holes.




No. 2 mums-  I like to use silk mums for all my decorating.  I like to have real ones planted in my garden.  My bird bath has faux mums up top and real ones are down below.






No.3 Leaves and berries







No. 4 Acorns-  I like to use real and faux. Below are real and I like to tuck these in with the leave and berries.

 These I got from Pottery Barn.  They are pretty realistic.




No.5 Pinecones
I like to tuck these in with leave and berries also or just leave them in a container.



No. 6 Pillows- Solid color or print



No. 7 Throws/Wool Blankets

They look great piled up or with some pillows.





No. 8 Antlers-  I have faux and real.  This is a great candle holder for Fall or for a woodland theme.


These are real antlers tucked in some flowers.


These are just the few things that I like to use.  I also like to add mercury glass and colored beads.





4 comments :

  1. Csp pretty all your decoration
    Blessing
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so pretty Judy! Very clever adding gravel to the faux pumpkins. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was tired of the wind blowing them. They are a little bit heavy but it was the only solution I could think of.

      Delete