Friday, July 29, 2016

New look in the dining room

A few weeks ago I was able to get my dining room clean up and redecorated.  After Christmas I had just been using this area as a catch all room.  My dining room is small and doesn't get much light so some of the pictures turned out a little dark.   I thought that I would decorated with lighter colors for the summer.  I love the soft cream and yellows of the flowers so they were my inspiration.



Just a simple tablescape until Fall.



I have French Country and Tuscan mixed in my dining room.  The bottom of the buffet has more Tuscan decor.  I can't get a good picture of it as the table is in the way.  My dining room is pretty small.  In order for me to take pictures I have to stand outside the patio door.


I love my wine barrel cabinet.  It is made to hold wine bottles.



Here is the full view of my dining room from the foyer.  I still need to change out the cornice board and add some panels. I just haven't found the right material yet.







Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive, Tabler Party of Two, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Between Naps on the Porch, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, The Dedicated House, Coastal Charm, Our Home Away From Home, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, The Happy Housie, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Katherine's Corner, Posed Perfection, 21 Rosemary Lane, A Delightsome Life, Beyond the Picket Fence, Rooted in Thyme, Mila's Little Things, Decor to Adore, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage,The Charm of Home, Imparting Grace, Shoestring Elegance, DIY Vintage Chic, Life with Lorelai, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes, Plucky's Second Thought

17 comments :

  1. Great vignettes in a lovely room! I especially like that wine barrel and what you've put together for the top of it- perfectly themed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I was trying to fill up the space. I usually put the wine vignette on the table. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Jody,
    Gorgeous look in your Dining Room, dear friend!
    I, totally, understand about photography your space.
    I have a similar situation here on my side of the Prairie!
    Love the subtle hued Sunflowers!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I hope that you had a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. The wine barrel is so cool! My MIL would love your chickens! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It Link Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room is lovely. I love how you mix the French Country and Tuscan style, it's so inviting. Thank you for linking up your post at the #HomeMattersParty - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sideboard, you are ready for fall with this look. Love the barrel too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Jody. I really like that wine barrel too. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love your decor! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete