Saturday, July 16, 2016

Kitchen island is finally done

This weekend I finally got my kitchen island done.  It has only taken a couple of months but it was worth the wait.  I designed it and my hubby put it together for me.  It only took me a about three days to get it painted, glazed and get the polyurethane on it.



Here is how it looked before.





The first step was to add some beadboard and the corbels.


Next the columns got trimmed out, baseboard added and corner pieces attached.




And last was the painting and glazing.




It looks so good I almost want to paint all the other cabinets this way.  But I think that I will keep them dark.  I have been working on many projects these past two weeks and will be posting them soon.

Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Between Naps on the Porch, Julies Lifestyle, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, The Dedicated House, Savvy Southern Style, Our Home Away From Home, The Happy Housie, Beyond the Picket Fence, Oh My Heartsie Girl, A Delightsome Life, Posed Perfection, Katherines Corner, 21 Rosemary lane, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Decor to Adore, Rooted in Thyme, Milas Little Things, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home, Imparting Grace, Craftberry Bush, DIY Vintage Chic, Life With Lorelai, Shoestring elegance, Tabler Party of Two, Chic on a Shoestring, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality, Snapshot and Snippets

44 comments :

  1. Jody,
    Gorgeous transformation, dear friend!
    Isn't it amazing how changing one thing within one's room can make a h u g e impact?
    Your new home is lovely!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you and your hubby are a great team! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I had to crack the whip on him to get the trim done.

      Delete
  4. OH gosh, Jody! It was definitely worth the wait - it's perfect. The corbels and columns are thr the icing on the cake! So pretty! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I got the corbels at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $10 a piece. I was going to use them at our last house but they were too big for the island. They fit perfect on this one.

      Delete
  5. That looks wonderful Jody! Love the color and patina you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I like to have my kitchen island a different color then the rest of the cabinets.

      Delete
  6. Jody, this looks amazing and gorgeous! So happy you linked this project up at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out amazing! Love the color! Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That turned out so beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing transformation.....looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This looks amazing!!

    I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jody, Your new island looks great! Well done! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody- how pretty.
    You did a great job.
    Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  13. This island is gorgeous! I love it. I have to ask about your stools too...those are exactly what I've been looking for, but can't find!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I bought the stools back in 2005 from a local place in town called American Furniture Warehouse. They have traveled with us to many homes since.

      Delete
  14. It turned out very beautiful! I had bead board on the island in my previous home and loved it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I have always wanted to use beadboard in my kitchen but never have the right island to use it on. Thanks for the party.

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous! You've done an amazing job!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty design! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jody, this is awesome. What a great job you did on your island! I love the way you thought of every little detail. Great job!

    Thank you so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know and have a great day!

      Delete
  18. I saw this on Grace at Home. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that looks amazing! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I stopped over from Marty's and so glad I did. What an amazing transformation. My hat is off to you and your husband for doing such a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I had fun putting it together. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  21. Jody your Island is gorgeous and I am so happy to see you at I am Pinnable it made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber. I am glad that you have a party going again. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete