Sunday, July 24, 2016

New cabinet at the top of the stairs

I had an empty spot at the top of the stairs that was screaming for a cabinet.  I needed to find something that wasn't very deep so you still have room to walk by.  I found this cabinet at Kirkland's.  It fit perfectly in this spot.  I think that I will hang a picture above it once I find one that will work.


I love the scroll details.  I haven't put anything inside it yet.  I am thinking about putting some of my ironstone inside.  This cabinet came with feet but I like it on the floor so I don't have to clean underneath.


I choose to do yellow and cream colors for the decor.  I still need to get a new wall color for this area.


Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive, Tabler Party of Two, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Julie's Creative Lifestyle, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, StoneGable, A Stroll Thru Life, The Dedicated House, Our Home Away From Home, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Beyond the Picket Fence, The Happy Housie, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Milas Little Things, Decor to Adore, Rooted in Thyme, Posed Perfection, Katherine's Corner, 21 Rosemary Lane, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, A Delightsome Life, Imparting Grace, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home, DIY Vintage Chic, Life with Lorelai, Shoestring Elegance, Craftberry Bush, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes, Healthy Mom's Magazine, Snapshot and Snippets

29 comments :

  1. What a pretty piece. Luv all the scroll work 😊 I can see then nice pop of creamy white with all your ironstone in it. Will be beautiful.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody,
    Gorgeous cabinet, dear friend!
    I can already envision beautiful ironstone pieces inside the scroll work!
    Love the vignette above with Sunflowers!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I can't wait to get it filled up.

      Delete
  3. That is stunning! Love the cabinet Jody, that's the perfect spot for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. It took me a few months to find the right cabinet.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cabinet. I love scrolls too and twists. It's my kind of style Jody. Your home is lovely. As always we appreciate you sharing your lovely projects at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty cabinet and the way you decorated the top!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. Thanks for the party and have a great day!

      Delete
  6. It's perfect Jody! I'm with you, I love the scroll work. You decorated the top beautifully and I know you will enjoy changing it up for the various seasons. I'm not much on scary Halloween decorating, but I can picture a cute October scene on the top.
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda. I don't normally do scary Halloween either but I do agree that it will look good with Fall decor this year. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, that's really pretty. You could put a mirror above it if you don't find the right picture.

    Happy Thoughts of Home. Thanks for joining us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. I think that I might have found the perfect item to hang above the cabinet.

      Delete
  8. This turned out SO great!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very striking in the black. I almost think more of the details show in the matte black then if it were white. Love your top dressing, what's better this time of year then sunflowers. Great post, thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. Sunflowers go perfect with the black. I can't wait until Fall.

      Delete
  10. Jodie, I love the scroll work in the doors. Great piece. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody-
    I love that cabinet.
    I also love the scroll work.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful! Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very pretty! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete