Sunday, April 20, 2014

What's in the closet?

I didn't think that I would get it done but I did.  I cleaned out the entry closet and painted it.  I have never liked a white closet.  I don't know why when people repaint a house they leave the closets white.  When we bought this house they repainted the upstairs but not the basement (all white).

I decided to paint the closet a yellow.  I didn't have enough paint leftover from the laundry room so I mixed it with two other yellows and an off white.  So what do you do when you run out of paint for the ceiling ( I don't like white ceilings either) and you can have more mixed because you combined colors?  You improvise.

Here is the before picture.



After
r
Now here is where I improvised.  I decided to water down the paint and rag it on.

 I think that it blends in well and of course it is only the coat closet.  I was also able to get the cabinet done that I wanted to put in here under the window.  I love the oval window that is in the closet not sure why they put it there but I still love it.  Here is what the cabinet looked like before.

Here it is in the closet.  I am going to get some bins for the shelves so I can put hats and gloves in there.




The cabinet fits perfectly and it clears the air vent on the floor under the window.  I know that it is the top of a hutch but it was at Goodwill for $12.99 and it was the right size.  I wish they had the bottom piece also.  One more area done about seven or eight more to go.  Now I just have to get new closet rods so I can hang everything back up. The old ones don't fit right and the previous owner used cardboard to make them fit.

I am linking with

diy show of-the diy party
finding silver pennies-silver pennies, sundays
thoughts from alice-sundays at home
three mango seeds-it's party time
create-with-joy-inspire me monday
 dwellings-the heart of your home-amaze me monday
boogie board cottage-masterpiece monday
between naps o nthe porch-metamorphosis monday
coastal charm-nifty thrifty tuesday
confessions of a plate addict-the scoop
a stroll thru life-inspire me tuesday
our home away from home-tuesday at our home
creative country mom-home sweet garden
elizabeth and co-be inspired tuesday
domestically-speaking-inspire me monday
green willow pond-what we accomplished wednesday
crystelle boutique-wonderful wednesday blog hop
the style sisters-centerpiece wednesday
savvy southern style-wow us wednesday
diy by design-swing into spring
ivy and elephants-what's it wednesday
http://thehappyhousie.com
http://wearethatfamily.com/
easy life meal and party planning-four season blog hop
a delightsome life-home and garden thursday
from my front porch to yours-treasure hunt thrusday
have a daily cup of mrs olson-share your cup thursday
http://www.lambertslately.com
katherines corner-favorite things
the brambleberry cottage-time travel thursday
rooted in thyme-simple and sweet fridays
imparting grace-grace at home
posed perfection-all things thursday
common ground-be inspired friday
the charm of home-home sweet home
http://www.redouxinteriors.com
french country cottage-feathered nest friday
craftberry bush-inspiration gallery
romantic home-show and tell friday
shabby nest-frugal friday
chic on a shoestring decorating-flaunt it friday
bacon time with the hungry hypo-anything goes friday
the thrifty groove-thrifty things friday
shabbyartboutique-shabbilicious friday
pieced pastimes-saturday sparks
be different act normal-show and tell satuday
the dedicated house-make it pretty monday
miss mustard seed-furniture friday
life on lakeshore drive-bouquet of talent
http://www.remodelaholic.com

8 comments :

  1. Jody you rock I luv the closet. I so need that cabinet great find. I have a entry closet that is stuffed full and in need of make over thanks for the great ideal!!!

    Cathy Cupboard Calamity <;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not normally lucky to find something that fits perfect. I have been looking for months and thought I was going to have to use a bookcase instead.

      Delete
  2. Your closet is wonderful. How lucky to have such a large coat closet with a window in it! Love the little hutch top. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color choice. You won't want to close the door on that closet!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color of gold! Looks wonderful!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new paint and that window is gorgeous! The cabinet turned out great and it will be so handy! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the transformation - it looks marvelous in the closet! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The transformation is wonderful. I have been trying to get the inside painted in out home and have had to do a little creative paint mixing myself. The little cabinet works perfect in the closet! Thanks for sharing at TTF.

    ReplyDelete