Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring brunch

I bought these plates at TJ Maxx the other day.  I thought they would be nice to use for Easter brunch for me and my hubby.  We have a small table for two on the back deck which we use to eat on during the summer.  I did a trial run to see what I could fit on the table.  So here it is.

For some reason I have been attracted to blue and orange this Spring.  I have always liked the colors but never really decorated with them much except for orange in the Fall.



I really love these plates.  They only had three since they were on clearance so I bought two.  I would like to have been able to get more. 
I hope that Easter Sunday weather will be nicer than this Sunday.  We are suppose to get between 3 to 6 inches of snow. Yuck!  Just when you think Spring is really here we get a bit of Winter thrown in.

I am linking with

thoughts from alice-sundays at home
twigg studios-our sunday best
finding silver pennies-silver pennies sundays
three mango seeds-it's party time
boogie board cottage-masterpiece monday
create-with-joy-inspire me monday
coastal charm-nifty thrifty tuesday
between naps on the porch-metamorphosis monday
wellings-the heart of your home-amaze me monday
confessions of a plate addict-the scoop
a stroll thru life-inspire me tuesday
my uncommon slice of suburbia-inspre me monday
the dedicated house-make it pretty monday
creative country mom-home sweet garden
elizabeth and co-inspired tuesday
our home away from home-tuesday at our home
greenwillow pond-what we accomplished wednesday
the style sisters-centerpiece wednesday
savvy southern style-wow us wednesday
diy by design-swing into spring party
ivy and elephants-what's it wednesday
the happy housie-work it wednesday
have a daily cup of mrs olson-share your cup thursday
from my front porch to yours-treasure hunt thursday
a delightsome life-home and garden thursday
easy life meal and party planning-four seasons blog hop
cystelle boutique-wonderful wednesday blog hop
katherines corner-favorite things thursday
imparting grace-grace at home
between naps on the porch-tablescape thursday
rooted in thyme-simple and sweet fridays
posed perfection-all things thrusday
common ground-be inspired friday
the charm of home-home sweet home thursday
bacon time with the hungry hypo-anything goes friday
french country cottage-feathered nest friday
craft berry bush-inspiration gallery
chic on a shoestring decorating-flaunt it friday
my romantic home-show and tell friday
the dedicated house-anything blue friday
the shabby nest-frugal friday
the thrifty groove-thrifty things friday
pieced pastimes-saturday sparks
be different act normal-show and tell saturday






10 comments :

  1. Lovely plates, stupidly I never though ofjust grabbing a couple if there wasn't a complete set, but they work so wonderfully here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love blue and orange together! It's just the two of us most of the time, so if I find a pair of plates on clearance that I love, I don't hesitate to take them home. It's also fun to mix up complimentary plates on a table sometimes. I think you can have lots of fun using these pretty plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, hope you have a wonderful Easter Brunch. Thank you for sharing on our Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table, I love aqua and your use of it is perfect. If you remove the Word Verification, you will get more comments. If you need help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a nice Sunday, no snow. Your brunch looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJMax, Marshalls, Home Goods are all owned by same company. Try finding more at one of the other locations..I like them and especially your tablecloth. If I worked at Home Goods, I'd never bring home a paycheck! Love that store! Rule of thumb though, if you see something you like, you'd better buy it that day because it may not be there when you go back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new plates for spring. I love the blue bird shape plate!
    Have a wonderful Easter brunch!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect spot for some coffee on a weekend morning. Beautiful set-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Home Sweet Garden Party! ♥ Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your spring brunch looks wonderful! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete