Saturday, June 27, 2015

4th of July tablescape

I have packed all my dishes away that I use for tablescapes so I can't do one for the 4th.  I was going to use my flag plates this year but I don't feel like going through 10 boxes to find them.  This is my table from last year.  I did the little one on the front porch.  This year I was going to do the kitchen table and use the bunny and rooster from last year.  I made the bunny, rooster and the firecrackers a few years ago.  I used to do tole painting on wood.  I have a scroll saw to cut my own wood.  Maybe someday I can get back to doing this again.  I have a cute Uncle Sam face pattern that I would like to make and put on the door.



We really need to find a house soon so we can move and I can get back to decorating.  I am having a hard time not being able to do any tablescapes.

Linking with
Pink When, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Tabler Party of Two, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Rustic and Refined, Karens Up on the Hill, Coastal Charm, StoneGable, A Stroll Thru Life, Cozy Little House, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Our Home Away From Home, Home Remedies, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Intelligent Domestications, Ivy and Elephants, Anderson & Grant, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Common Ground, A Delightsome Life, Katherines Corner, Posed Perfection, Rooted in Thyme, Between Naps on the Porch, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, The Charm of Home, Life with Lorelai, Chic on a Shoestring, The Shabby Nest, Craftberry Bush, The Dedicated House, Common Ground, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality

24 comments :

  1. Jody, I'm feeling your pain! Half of my things are still packed from a recent move (not by our choice-we rented) and on the other hand leaving it packed as my husband is searching for a new permanent position. So I'm in moving limbo-not knowing if I'm staying or going! I would like to be somewhere by the Winter holidays at least...I don't go all out so much for the Spring and Summer decorating but I do go BIG for Fall-thru-Christmas. Your 4th table from last year is cute and here's to hoping we both settle in somewhere soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne. I am like you. I like to decorate more for Fall and Christmas. I am sorry that you are having problems with getting a permanent home. I hope that all goes well with you soon and that you will be settled by the holidays. The hardest part for me is that we just don't know when something will come up for us to buy and I don't want to mess my house up in the meantime.

      Delete
  2. So cute!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...such cuteness here! Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I bet you are going crazy with packing! Have a nice 4th one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I have only packed up the dishes that I use for tablescapes. If we ever find a house I usually start packing when we are a couple of weeks away from moving. But for some reason I am always rushing towards the end to get it done. I think I might have too much stuff.

      Delete
  5. I know what it is like to have most of the best stuff in the house packed up for moving and want something from those boxes! Your tablescape is beautiful! Would love for you to stop by and share with us at the Summer Family fun party too. http://bit.ly/1Kru4O6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. I just linked up. Since we are having a hard time finding a house I am having a hard time not ripping open the boxes and do some tablescapes. We were under contract a while back but it fell through when we had the inspection done. We were getting ready to put our house on the market when that happened but we are still waiting to do that.

      Delete
  6. Love this patriotic table, great job Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable table. Love how you have combined the lovely elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the same situation. Most of my dishes and all my holiday things are packed and in storage. ;-)
    Happy 4th. Your table vignette is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have only packed away the dishes since they were out in the open. I just wish that the perfect home will come along so we can get ours put on the market and I can start packing everything else. Have a wonderful 4th!

      Delete
  9. So cute - I love the painted firecrackers! Thanks for linking up at Talented Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Hope you'll be able to find a house soon and start decorating again. Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice. I would love to dine at this table. The basket full of flowers is so inviting.
    Thank you for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty! Looking forward to seeing you back later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you love to decorate as much as we do Jody it really is hard to put a hold on it! Hope you find a home soon and then you will really work your magic! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I hope that we find one soon too. I am about ready to rip open the boxes with my dishes as I feel the need to change my current tablescapes.

      Delete