Sunday, June 21, 2015

Decorating withdrawl

I am having decorating withdrawl.  We still haven't found a house since the last one fell through.  We are waiting to put our house on the market until we find something so I have packed away most of my dishes that I use for tablescapes.  I did manage to decorate two tables in the living room and had to revamp the bookcases that I was using to store my dishes.



Here are the book cases before.  As you can see I dedicated the bottom two shelves for all my dishes.



Now here is what they look like for showings.



Once we get the house put on the market I will share the photos the photographer took.  For now this is all I could do.  I am having a hard time just sitting around the house.  I don't want to mess up anything just in case we found another house and need to get ours put up fast.

Linking with
Dwellings the Heart of Your Home, Karens Up on the Hill, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Our Home Away From Home, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, Cozy Little House, The Dedicated House, Home Remedies, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Oh My Heartsie Girl, The Bajan Texan, The Happy Housie, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, From My Front Porch To Yours, Katherines Corner, Posed Perfection, Ivy and Elephants, Anderson & Grant, Rooted in Thyme, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home, Chic on a Shoestring, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes

16 comments :

  1. That must be very hard...sure hope you find something soon and yours sells quickly!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. It is really hard to find a good house. For some reason not many new homes have been coming on the market lately. We don't want to put ours on until we know that we are going to be buying another.

      Delete
  2. Oh bless your heart, it's been 4 years since we bought, sold, and moved and I can still remember it so well. I was kind of a newbie to blogging and was just getting my feet wet, when we decided to move. All those things that I was just learning to use and display in different ways, all had to get packed away. I had just been introduced to cloches, for heaven's sake! If this is a move you are looking forward to, then it will all be worth it. If it's not, the challenges will be more challenging. Best of luck! The bookcases look lovely, but I liked them with the dishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. We have moved so many times that it doesn't seem to phase me now. The hardest part is finding a new home. We have looked at a few house but they don't measure up to what we have now. We are waiting to sell ours until we find the right home. But it's not easy.

      Delete
  3. I like your shelves before and after, gives us an idea of all the things "you like", leaves us to our imaginations as to how they can be used.

    Its been many years since we made our big move from San Antonio to Las Vegas, but I remember it well.
    I wish you the best at finding your new home, it will happen when the right one is presented to you. I say all good things are worth waiting for!!

    Thanks for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week!!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jody! I'm so happy to be visiting from Jann's lovely SYC party :) You have such an eye for decorating and your shelves are quite beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody, we are doing the same. Our house is on the market, though not any activity. I think we picked the wrong month to list our home. Ha! But it feels good to have things organized and cleaned out. Your shelves look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. Houses seems to be going like hot cakes around here. Unfortunately very few are coming up for sale right now.

      Delete
  6. Well how fun! Did not know you were looking for a new house Jody. Wish you the best of luck! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hubby has always wanted to move ever since we moved into this house. He doesn't like the HOA. They are pretty strict. You have to get everything approved and I mean everything down to planting a bush in your yard. This is the most strict HOA that we have ever had to deal with. Plus it doesn't help that our new neighbors have two big dogs and all of our fences are wrought iron (the only kind allowed) in which our little dogs are always trying to get through to get their dogs.

      Delete
  7. The major hate I had for selling a house was the keeping it clean part. Fortunately, the two times we sold houses, they both sold quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking for a house first before we put it on the market. It seems like every time we sell ours first we have a hard time finding a house. We usually have to settle for what is available. This time I don't want to settle.

      Delete
  8. Fingers crossed it sells soon so you can get back to decorating :) Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need fingers and toes crossed that we can even find the right home. I am afraid if we put ours on now it will sell within a few days and we won't be able to find anything. I look everyday and can't find anything that will work for us.

      Delete