Sunday, May 31, 2015

Backyard pathway/baby birds update

Today I decided to take a little time and make a pathway to our back patio.  This is flagstone that was on the side of the house that we had removed and had a new path made with pavers. It might not look perfect but I am proud that I did it by myself.  This picture is from the top of the deck.



Now in the yard.


Here is where they came from.  Warning, this is an ugly sight.  This is what it looked like when we moved in.


This is what the side path look like now.


 You can see the pile of flagstone that I used.  I still have a few more pieces.


I am also working on organizing the basement today.  I almost have it done.  I might finish it tonight or maybe I will wait until tomorrow night.

Now for the update on the baby birds.  The proud parents where feeding them today while I was doing yard work.  I got a few pictures and I can definitely see two babies.  I can't tell if there is a third one or not.



Linking with
Between Naps on the Porch, Elizabeth and Co

6 comments :

  1. Great job! I take it you cut the sod to set them in place- they look like they've been there all along! Isn't it sweet to see the new baby birds. It's amazing how fast they grow and leave the nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I had to cut out the grass to set them in. It wasn't easy as I got near the maple tree as some of its roots is above the ground. Even though we are planning on moving I thought I would do this project since it didn't cost anything but my time. I was meaning to do this last year but didn't get around to it.

      Delete
  2. You did a wonderful job Jody. I was thinking about doing something like that to the side of the house, because between the hubby and I and our neighbors, it's a high traffic area and looks patchy and bare, so I was thinking flagstones. The baby birds are to precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. The grass gets a little flat in this area so I thought I would put the flagstone to good use. It only took me about three hours to do (that included clean up). Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. i love your flagstone path, it really pop against the green of your lawn. enjoy your new spaces!
    b

    ReplyDelete