Saturday, November 8, 2014

Shower enclosure is installed (finally)

Yeah!  I finally have my shower enclosure installed.  I have been waiting for this day since July when we tore down the old one. When I first saw it I thought wow it's tall.  I guess I just got used to not having anything there for so long it seemed out of place. Last night I walked by it and thought that I might run in to it since I am not used to having glass right there.  We can't use it until Sunday so one more day of walking down to the basement to take a shower.


Let's look back and see what we had here before.


I am so glad this is gone. Now my bathroom has caught up with this century.  Seeing this bathroom before you would have never guessed that it was built in 2001.

Now if I can just get my hubby to build those shelves I can get it all decorated.  I am still waiting on the curtain rod for the bay window.  I had to order it so I might have to wait a couple of weeks.  I decided to take everyone's advise and  use valances for the window treatment.  The only reason I was thinking of panels is because my hubby didn't care for how the tile work turned out next to the windows and I suggested covering it up with panels.  So I will just use some of my decorative pieces instead. 

Linking with
The Dedicated House

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful, I have the same enclosure in my bathroom and love it, such a classy look. :)
    Happy weekend to you! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not so sure about the gap between the door and side panel. Does yours have a large gap? I am afraid that it will leak out onto the floor. Do you have any problems?

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a huge difference Jody! It looks so beautiful. Get yourself a squeegee to do the doors every day. I do it every morning after we shower. It really helps so you don't build up the mineral deposits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The installer recommended using rainx. We are also installing a water softner to help with our hard water.

      Delete
  3. Jody, it's amazing! Such a beautiful transformation! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at The Round-Up from Before & After Wed at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/11/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday_25.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the party! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, you mean it really took 14 years to make this shower enclosure?

    shower enclosure philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house was built in 2001 and our bathroom looked more like it was done in the 80's as it also had teal counter tops. We bought the house in 2012 and redid the kitchen right away. It took us about 5 months to complete it the bathroom.

      Delete