Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Front door update

Since I finally got the kitchen door done I just had to do the front door.  It has been waiting for a new curtain pretty much since we moved in over two years ago.  I had this left over material from curtains in a previous house that coordinated with the rug in front of the door.  So since I had to stay home and wait for the security alarm guy I thought I would be productive and finally make the curtain.



As I have always said I am not that good at sewing but I thought that it turned out pretty good.  Now I will warn you now that the next pictures are not pretty.  Well maybe pretty scary.



Yes that is what I have been living with for two years now.  Even my hubby has bugged me about  redoing it.  Normally he doesn't care about curtains.  I would like to get a new front door but we probably have to get it approved by the HOA and since we will likely be moving within the next few years (if we follow our track record with homes) why bother.  Now all I have left is the basement door.  I will probably do it this weekend.

4 comments :

  1. I think you did a great job Jody. I can see why you wanted to replace the other curtain. It's kind of funny the things that the husbands notice that bugs them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yesterday he told me "you don't know how relieved I am that you got those done".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is gorgeous. How long did it take for you to learn how to sew? It is always very exciting after learning a new talent to be able to craft your own items from scratch. Kudos to you and keep us posted on any other things you may make.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post which is truly informative for us and we will surely keep visiting this website.
    Entry Door Window Replacement
    Windows And Doors Phoenix
    Mahogany Entry Doors

    ReplyDelete