Sunday, January 20, 2019

Organizing the Kitchen, a new project and a great deal

Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning and doing some organizing of my kitchen.  Let's just say that ever since I have been putting away the Christmas decor the kitchen has suffered.  Sure I kept the sink and stove top clean but the kitchen table and island served as a catch all.  I also did some new decorating on the counter tops.


Now most of the time I sugar coat my pictures when it comes to the kitchen.  I always remove most of the appliances and of course the famous bag of plastic grocery bags hanging on one of the cabinet knobs.  I decided to leave most of my everyday items except of course the bag of bags.


Normally I would take off the basket of my husbands protein powders and the coffee flavors and sugar dispenser.


 And of course the blender and can opener here.



I changed out the display in this corner.  I used to have a rooster plate and some vinegar/vegetable bottles.


The red rooster was on the opposite corner display.  I decided that he looked better over here with the red lamp.

The opposite corner I added my farm fresh pig.  I would normally leave out the can opener and pen container for pictures but I decided no sugar coating today.


I also changed out the decor on my tray that is on the kitchen table.



On the wall by my rolling shelf unit I added some touches to my hanging wire basket.


 I added some kitchen towels and a little bit of greenery.



My new project for the kitchen is to redo the upper niches and to paint the chairs and table.  Here is how the niches look now.  I am thinking about removing some of the items, possibly added a few new items and rearranging the other items.





Now for the chairs and table I am thinking about painting them like I did the kitchen island.  I have had this table set for 15 years.  I believe it is time for a change.  They are very sturdy but I am not loving the color any more.  I did redo the upholstery on the seats a few years back.




 I now would like to share with you the great deal that I got the other day at Pier I.  I had to use my $20 reward coupon but they didn't have much Spring decor yet.  I went looking back at the clearance items and found these Fall flowers stems that were 90% off.  They were originally $12.99 and I got them for $1.28 each.  I ended up getting twelve of them.  I know they look small in the pictures but they are actually about 45 inches in length.





Well that's it for this time.  I am not sure what I will be doing today.  I still need to put all the Christmas decor away in the storage room.  Right now it is all sitting in the basement family room.  For some reason I just can't get the energy to get it all put away.  It must be that my storage room is a crawl space that I can stand up in but have to go up steps to enter.  Please excuse the mess as I will be organizing it when I put the Christmas bins back.



 The shelves to the left of the stairs is where I keep all the loose decor for Christmas and Fall.



Getting the storage room organized and purged is another one of my Winter projects.  After looking at this I think I will probably rest today.

Linking with
Shabby Fu Fu, 21 Rosemary Lane, A Delightsome Life 

11 comments :

  1. I like it! Sometimes it's just nice to see others live with a little bit of life's necessities too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought I would show it like it is except of course without the bag of bags.

      Delete
  2. Very cozy and welcoming. You have a great layout for a working kitchen, I would love to cook in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is beautiful!
    I love the color of your table/chairs. I'd leave it as is. So warm and inviting.
    Too much white, IMO, is cold. Still, I think you design and decorate beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. I was also thinking of painting them black or a really dark brown like the cabinets. I am just not fond of the yellow/red color.

      Delete
  4. I love all your beautiful touches....it looks gorgeous without removing any of the essentials from your countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post!! I really enjoyed seeing your Kitchen. Your vignettes are always so unique! I am very glad that you did not sugar coat this post. I recently did a post on Blogging and from the comments, Bloggers want to see Real people and their real lives!! Stop by if you get a chance to check out the post about My Disenchantment with Blogging.https://debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/feeling-bit-disenchanted-with-blogging.html
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. I did check out your post and I agree with you. I am also proud to be included on your blog list. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  6. Jody,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about blogging!! I plan on doing a follow up post soon!!
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete