Saturday, September 15, 2018

Kitchen is back to normal

This morning was all about getting my kitchen back together from the backsplash project.  I have to say that I am glad it is over with.  It was fun to do it but not when you only have one day a week to work on it.  Here is the overall look of the kitchen.  I didn't include the breakfast nook over to the right since I still have stuff on the table that needs to be put away.


I thought it would look better if I didn't have the appliances in the pictures.




I like to decorate this one corner since it is a dead area.


Now the kitchen is ready to get dressed up for Fall.  I am hoping to get started on it later today or tomorrow.

Linking with
Finding Silver Pennies, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, A Stroll thru Life, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, My Soulful Home, Our Home Away From Home, Julie's Creative Lifestyle, Between Naps on the Porch, Celebrate and Decorate, Let's Add Sprinkles, Savvy Southern Style, A Delightsome Life, French Country Cottage, Imparting Grace, Follow the Yellow Brick Home, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Life with Lorelai, Shabby Art Boutique, The Charm of Home, Pieced Pastimes

12 comments :

  1. It turned out so beautifully! I totally understand being glad the work and mess is finally done. It's fun at first, but it's not long before the mess and dust gets to me. Worth it t though; you did a great job! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Starting a new project is always fun for me but it is hard to live with a mess for a long time.

      Delete
  2. Your house inspires me! I love the wood, so glad you didn't paint it white, like every other kitchen out there! Love the new backsplash!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The only thing I painted in this kitchen was the island. It was just drywall behind the cabinets. We added bead board and the corbels. I painted it white and then glazed it.

      Delete
  3. I didn’t think I was a backsplash person. This makes the kitchen so finished. I hope you have a fun time decorating for fall. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. The right backsplash can make all the difference to the look of a kitchen. I am just getting started with my Fall decor in the kitchen this week. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. So nice to start from a fresh clean kitchen! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete