Sunday, August 19, 2018

My pond this season and I am back

It feels good to back in the blogging world again.  I took some time off to get some Spring cleaning done around the house that ran into Summer.  The yard has taken most of my time since we have 3/4 of an acre.  The major project was getting the pond up and running.  We inherited this pond so it has been a learning experience.  The past two years we kept it running all winter but it is a hassle in the winter to keep the water level up so we decided to drain it last Fall.  I guess you could say I have a love/hate relationship with this pond.  I love it but I hate to clean it all the time.




 I needed to paint my adirondack chairs by the firepit this year.  I wanted a pop of color.  Here is how they looked before.


 Here is how they look now with a new color.  I love this teal color and was able to find some pillows to match.


 
 This year I added a few new fun elements.  The first is my alligator stepping stones.  I have had these for years but they needed some freshing up so I painted them.  I think he looks great in this area.  It looks like he is trying to sneak up on you.


I got these two cranes at Tuesday Morning last month.  I picked them for the color.  They match my adirondack chairs.



I already had a set of cranes but in a smaller size.  They needed to be repainted so I painted them the same as the alligator.  I put them up at the top of the waterfall.



Here are a few more pictures of the pond area.


The next two pictures are taken from the stairs of the upper deck.


Linking with
Finding Silver Pennies, My Soulful Home, Rustic & Refined, Between Naps on the Porch,
Our Home Away From Home, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Worthing Court, Lets Add Sprinkles, A Stroll Thru Life, Shabbyfufu, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olsonm A Delightsome Life, Life with Lorelai, The Painted Hinge, The Charm of Home, Follow the Yellow Brick Home Imparting GraceFrench Country Cottage, Pieced Pastimes, Shabby Art boutique, Scrapality, Everyday Living,
Julie's Creative Lifestyle









28 comments :

  1. Jody, what a beautiful spot! The pond is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It takes most of my time to keep the pond clean.

      Delete
  2. Love the cranes.
    your deck is so welcoming.
    ♥ Astro and Mitzie.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how gorgeous it must be to sit by this gorgeous pond each day/night. I would live out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We also like to sit on the upper deck and listen to the water.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful spot. I love your herons and cranes. Your pond is lovely. I have a small 600gallon pond and it is constant work, but I love it. So calming and peaceful. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love my pond but hate the maintenance that comes with it. The waterfall is so loud that I can hear it on the porch off of our dining room also.

      Delete
  5. Oh I’m glad I found you. What a beautiful pond and garden!
    We created a pond in the old house garden and it has really taken off this summer.
    I love your deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Please be sure to check back as I will be doing something special for Fall by the pond.

      Delete
  6. Jody, it really is a gorgeous pond and deck area! I love the newly painted chairs and cranes. We had a pond at our previous home and they are quite a bit of work. We opted for a pondless waterfall at this home. I love the sound of running water. We turn it off for the winter. It's a lot less work getting it up and running in the spring. Not as gorgeous as yours, but I love it! Thanks for sharing with SYC and welcome back!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. This pond has been a learning experience for me. I have never had one with a pump in the bottom.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful to enjoy from your deck. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody, what a gorgeous area to enjoy. I can imagine sitting in one of the Adirondack chairs with a cup of coffee each morning and listening to the birds. The pond might be trouble to clean, but it is certainly beautiful! Thanks so much for linking to Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I love my pond but I hate trying to keep it clean. I have done a better job this year since I purchased a pond vacuum. It takes some time to use it put it helps keep it clean for a few weeks.

      Delete
  10. This is beautiful. It looks so tranquil. I love the decor around it and the chairs look great. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch. Stop by to see this featured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody, your pond is lovely, even if it is difficult. We had a large fountain that we finally gave up on for that very reason. I know the pond would be work. So love your cranes, they are perfect where you have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I love my pond and I think that I finally have a handle on keeping it clean. Just takes some work.

      Delete
  12. Hi Jody, just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pond!!! I added one to my backyard this year and enjoy the sound of water, and love my fish that my grandchildren gave me for Mother's Day. I will say that this Texas heat has caused me lots of problems with water quality. Hopefully the cooler weather will alleviate the problem. My fish have grown to triple their size from when I got them. I really like your choice of color for your Adirondack chairs. They make the area so welcoming. I really enjoyed the look at your pond and yard area. Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. I was wanting a pop of color in the back. It all started with the teal cranes that I got at Tuesday Morning.

      Delete
  14. Jody, I am featuring this post at Gardens Galore tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! Your pond is... well, wow! I love it! And what a fantastci backdrop of the hills you have. A perfect setting to enjoy your garden and new pond. By the way, the alligator steps are so funny, i love them so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought I would put the alligator by the deck so it looks like he is creeping up on you.

      Delete
  16. I am enchanted with your adorable place!Such beauty and happiness!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete