Sunday, July 27, 2014

Great wall of tile

  In the master bathroom that is.  I did manage to get the master bathroom vanity done this week.  Who knew that one little area would take so long.
Let's see now we installed the tile wall, new lights, new mirrors, new sinks and faucets, extended the height of the vanity, new counter top and I painted the cabinets.  I also added the feet underneath to make it look like a piece of furniture and painted the walls.  I still need to touch up the trim. Here is the before picture.


I feel like I stepped back into the 80's when I first saw this bathroom.  I couldn't believe that a house built in 2001 would have teal counter tops.  Goodbye old and hello new.  Here is a close up of the vanity.  I also added the decorative molding to cover the seam where we extended the vanity.


Now if we can just get the rest of the bathroom done.  We still need to tile the tub and shower area.  Right now I am probably the only person who can say that they have a tub in their living room.  We had to remove the tub in order for us to tile.  I hope this doesn't take much longer, we have to go back to the shop on Monday.  I know that it won't get done before then but it is hard to work on it in the evenings. The last time we did a master bathroom it took about a year and we sold the house not too long after we finished it.  I hope this doesn't take that long.

Linking with
Natasha in Oz,Be Different Act Normal,Funky Junk Interiors,Pieced Pastimes,Three Mango Seeds
Its Overflowing,DIY Show Off,Thoughts From Alice,Finding Silver Pennies,Life on Lakeshore Drive,Boogieboard Cottage,Dwellings The Heart of Your Home,Elizabeth Joan Designs
I Should be Mopping the Floor,Joy in Our Home,Between Naps on the Porch,Coastal Charm 
Worthington Court,A Stroll Thru Life,My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,Cozy Little House
Creative Country Mom,Elizabeth and Co,Our Home Away From Home,DIY by Design    
Savvy Southern Style,Lavender Garden Cottage,Ivy and Elephants,Ducks 'n a Row
The Happy Housie,The Style Sisters,The Dedicated House,From My Front Porch To Yours
A Delightsome Life,Posed Perfection,Katherines Corner,Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Imparting Grace,Rooted In ThymeThe Charm of Home,Redoux Interiors,French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique,Love of Family and Home,Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo
Miss Mustard Seed,The Shabby Nest,My Romantic Home,Craftberry Bush,The 36th Avenue
DIY Vintage Chic,Just Us Four,Remodelaholic,Up To Date Interior,sCraft Dictator    
The Pin Junkie,Hymns and Verses

15 comments :

  1. Loving warm colours!
    xx
    Mila
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, what a fabulous project. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's quite a change! good for you, it looks fabulous.
    enjoy,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the colors... thanks so much for sharing at our blog link up party :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! We are beginning the kitchen and bathroom remodeling process and I love seeing your after picture. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out so pretty! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous! I just redid our master bathroom and put up double mirrors like you did and I absolutely love it. I think the tile wall behind is such a great idea too- it looks so special! The vanity doesn't even look like the same piece; you did such a great job with it! I'm surprised too that they put in a teal countertop- my house was built in '95 and we had some more things like that so we are slowly fixing them! Keep up the good work!
    -S.L. Payne, uncommongrace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the tile, vanity, mirrors, it looks GREAT!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makeover! Love what you did here!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic makeover - it is all coming together so nicely. My home was also built in 2001, but unfortunately I not only had teal counters, but also a cast iron teal jacuzzi tub, teal double sinks, shiny brass fixtures and a teal toilet - who does that???!!!!! Happy to report I now have carrara marble tile floor, white subway tiles, white sink, polished nickel fixtures, huge shower (did away with tub), beautiful black vanities and pale gray walls - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the transformation! One of my favorite things is how you added the legs. So simple, but yet makes such a statement! Love the tile and the new paint also! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a transformation! I love how you gave your vanity the look of a custom piece by adding legs!

    ReplyDelete