Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall dining room 2014

Fall has finally arrived in my dining room.  This has not been an easy task with that pesky bathtub in the way.  It wasn't easy getting this done on Sunday as we were working on the master bathroom too.  I am proud to announce that we finally got the shower area all tiled and now we need to finish the tub area. I also managed to get a little decorating done on the side.

So here are the pictures of the dining room table.






Next is the buffet area.  I decided to keep it simple this year.





I have an old sofa table that I still need to fix up.  I am thinking about adding a shelf down below and painting it black.  Right now it is holding my left over table decor that I will probably use on the covered deck area.



I was able to get the butler pantry area done also.




Now for a sneak peak at the master bathroom shower.  It hasn't been grouted yet.  I am thinking about using a darker colored grout which I will go get today.  I can't wait to get this bathroom done.  It has been two months now.



I thought I would close with a picture of my tub.  Right now it is coming in handy for holding some of my fall decor so my little dog Kolby can't chew on it.  He loves to chew on my silk flowers.


I am pretty sure that I am the only person right now that has a bathtub in their dining room.  This needs to be out of here before Thanksgiving. 

Linking with

Elizabeth Joan Design,Dwellings The Heart of Your Home,I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Boogieboard Cottage,Coastal Charm,Cozy Little House,Our Home Away From Home,My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,A Stroll Thru Life,Worthington Court,Elizabeth and Co,DIY by Design,Savvy Southern Style,The Style Sisters,Ivy and Elephants,Lavender Garden Cottage,Designs by Miss Mandee,A Delightsome Life,The Happy Housie,Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson,Between Naps on the Porch,Anderson and Grant,Katherines Corner,Posed Perfection,Rooted In Thyme,From My Front Porch To Yours,Imparting Grace,The Charm of Home,French Country Cottage,Shabby Art Boutique,Redoux Interiors,Love of Family and Home,The Shabby Nest,DIY Vintage Chic,Just Us Four,My Romantic Home,Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,The Journey Back,Natasha in Oz,Be Different Act Normal,Pieced Pastimes,Life on Lakeshore Drive,DIY Show Off,Thoughts From Alice,Three Mango Seeds,Finding Silver Pennies,le chateau des fleurs,Green Willow Pond,April's Homemaking ,Be Different Act Normal, Rustic & Refined, Simple Details

52 comments :

  1. Wow- your dining room looks fabulous- love the Tuscan wall scenery you have there too! Your floral arrangement is beautiful! The master bathroom is wonderful- love the tile choice. I'm pretty sure you are the only person with a bathtub in the living room and that is full of pumpkins, leaves and flowers!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to get that tub out of there.

      Delete
  2. Your dining room is so beautiful and you have done an amazing job decorating it for fall. I love your Tuscany mural! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dining room! I love the back mosaic, very Italian, I think. The buffet is lovely too. The table setting with the pretty plates is perfect!
    Happy Fall week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your decor, and your mural in the dining room! Love how you decorated the tub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING, everything! You are so talented! xo, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and so are you. I love the way you decorate!

      Delete
  6. Everything is absolutely gorgeous! I love the bathtub in the dining room. Been there, done that!
    The shower is beautiful. Be careful, however, if you have hard water and choose dark grout. The hard water (with soap) will cling to the grout and make it look dirty when it really isn't. Believe me, that's not somewhere you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to get a medium color. Hopefully I can get the shower area grouted this weekend. We put a much lighter color grout for the tiled wall at our vanity but I thought it looks too light.

      Delete
  7. I love all of your décor...especially the scale, but that tub takes the cake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the tub with the fall decor in it better than empty.

      Delete
  8. Love all your fall touches. Your table is gorgeous and looks ready for a party. Also love the decorations on your buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall touches!! Your bathroom is coming along. I really like that tile. The bathtub in your dining room is a hoot!! You have to do what you need to do, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to get the shower area grouted this weekend and hopefully that tub will be gone a few weeks.

      Delete
  10. So pretty!! I especially love the centerpiece on your table and the scale on your buffet!! The entire room is gorgeous (even if there is a bathtub in there, lol). -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and that tub will be history (hopefully) within a few weeks.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous Mural-goes perfectly with your table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I have to say is WOW! You have amazing skills at decorating.....even your bathtub looks great :) I'd love to be eating Thanksgiving dinner at your table. Thanks for linking up with us this morning at Your Time to Shine! Jamie @ anderson + grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I found your blog and show your party today.

      Delete
  13. You are so creative in your decorating. All your fall touches are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your dining room is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love all of your Fall decor. It is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dining room looks lovely. The fall arrangement is gorgeous! Your bathtub full of silk flowers made me smile. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks WOW! I love how you made use of the bathtub in the dining room. Talk about out-of-the-box

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning work! Thanks so much for sharing with the Thursday Blog hop. Hope you will join us at http://www.over50feeling40.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a beautiful warm room if this doesn't say Fall nothing does. Even the mural and the color of your walls are so warm and hearty looking.Although Your photography skills are excellent never saw the bathtub coming not even in the reflections but to keep family members happy (MOM) somebody with big muscles needs to haul it out o your dining room might make interesting conversations at Thanksgiving.Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The tub should be out of there in the next few weeks. We are going to try and get the tiling done this weekend. It is actually pretty light weight. My husband and I can carry it easily.

      Delete
  20. What a Fabulous Room. I noticed a lot of pumpkins. The Fabulous Fall linky tour is featuring pumpkins. Any post featuring pumpkins is entered in a give a way! Come over and link up! Tubs are ok. too! LOL. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Jody! Stopping by from Say G'Day! What a gorgeous home you have and you've done a beautiful job decorating for Fall! We're 7 year empty nesters, with our first grandbaby on the way in December. If it's any consolation, we did a major reno about 9 years ago and our entire first floor was torn apart for 5 months! It's a process, but it's so satisfying in the end! Good luck with the rest of your bath update and Happy Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been just over two months on the bathroom redo. The tub is in the bathroom now and the shower enclosure is on order. Not much longer and I can take a shower upstairs instead of going to the basement bathroom.

      Delete
  22. Splendid! Just splendid! Link tomorrow on my blog! My readers would love it!
    XOXO
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I linked to your party, thanks for inviting me.

      Delete
  23. Love how you filled the bathtub too! You have a beautiful home. I love that light fixture in your dining room and your
    bathroom tile turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought that I would make use of the tub while it was in the dining room.

      Delete
  24. Very very pretty! Hope you come back tomorrow for the party!
    Xo
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be linking with your party. Have a great day!

      Delete
  25. What a festive and warm dining room. I especially love the bathtub :) I am impressed that you are able to decorate for the season whilst taking on a tiling job - wow! Thanks for sharing your pretty tablescape and buffet at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you. I am glad to report that the tub is back where it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks very festive, well done there! I have a question - since I know you're into decor and home improvement, do you know any home expert flooring company, preferably based near Manchester?
    Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete