Thursday, June 5, 2014

Back porch blues (and greens)

I know that I said I was going to wait to decorate underneath the deck but I just couldn't resist.  It looked so bare yesterday I just had to see how part of  it was going to turn out.  I still need to decorate the end tables and the back corner.  I have most of the stuff I am envisioning will look good there and need to revamp some items.  I also want to get some outdoor curtains for this area and probably on the upper deck too.

Here is what I did this afternoon on my lunch break.  I had to put everything back in the house after I took pictures as it was getting windy.  That is one downfall of living near the foothills.


I have also had a red color or rust color for my cushions but I am kinda liking this green and blue.  It seems so relaxing.

Here is a peek of what my furniture looked like before I painted it.


This looks much better.





 I can't wait for the roof to put on our deck.  They said it would take about two weeks to get the framing done.  Some how I have heard that before. Ah yes, from the movie The Money Pit.  They were always asking when it would be done and they were told two weeks.  I hope it doesn't drag on.

Here are the rest of the pictures.




I might just work on the items for the corner and the end tables and get some pictures even though I can't keep them out.  They will be cutting out the cement by these columns and pouring piers and new concrete so I don't want any of these near to get splashed on.  Any suggestions on the color of curtains I should put out here?

Linking with
Ivy and Elephants,Green Willow Pond,Easy Life and Party Planning,The Style Sisters
Savvy Southern Style,The Happy Housie,DIY By Design,Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
From My Front Porch To Yours,A Delightsome LifePosed Perfection,Katherines Corner
The Dedicated House,Between Naps on the Porch,Rooted In Thyme,French Country Cottage
Redoux Interiors,Shabby Art Boutique,Craftberry Bush,Craft Dictator,The Pin Junkie
Up To Date Interiors.Shabby Nest,Miss Mustard Seed,Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
The 36th Avenune,DIY Vintage Chic,Remodelaholic,Just Us Four,Jennifer Rizzo
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Pieced Pastimes,Be Different Act Normal,DIY Show Off
Hymns and Verses, Home Goods,  Elizabeth and Co, Elizabeth Joan Designs
Funky Junk Interiors,Life on Lakeshore Drive,Thoughts From Alice,Finding Silver Pennies
Three Mango Seeds, Joy in Our Home, Simple Details, An Extradordinary Day, Imparting Grace
Boogieboard Cottage, The Brambleberry Cottage, Pure Grace Farms, The Charm of Home
Dwellings The Heart of your Home, At The Picket Fence, Lavender Garden Cottage
I Should be Mopping the Floor, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cozy Little House
Elizabeth Joan Designs, A Stroll Thru Life,Confessions of a Plate Addict, Our Home Away From Home, Creative Country Mom








31 comments :

  1. Wow I love what you created! Very pretty furniture and seat cushions too. The arrangement on the table is magazine worthy! Some people like the painters cloth fabric for curtains- I wonder if that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new colors! It's really beautiful. I remember that movie The Money Pit, and it does seem like home improvement always goes that way, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore what you did. I recently did a peacock themed Outdoor Oasis and will be posting on it soon. Your colors are very similar and I am drawn to your arrangements. Thanks for the visual feast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are very pretty. Love the way everything coordinates and compliments your porch furniture.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color combo, one of my favorites and so perfect for summer! I love how you styled the bottle carrier~I have the same one and have been trying to figure out how to use the smaller jars in it, your solution is so clever!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to figure it out also. I put some styrofoam underneath the jars and covered with a napkins.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous colours! Reminiscent of the beach! Fantastic paisley cushions too. The whole look is very tranquil and soothing - just what you want in an outdoor space.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch is so pretty! I love the colors and the new paint job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the touches on your back porch are wonderful! I love the color combination and your attention to detail. It looks like a really inviting place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so peaceful. A great reading spot. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new bright and cheery colors! I bet you are chomping at the bit. I'm thinking either a natural color of curtains or the aqua if you want more color. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much for sharing this charming area of your home at my Show and Share party. Love the colors that you went with...maybe go with white curtains (then you can bleach them when they get dirty).

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is so cool and refreshing! Love your plates and the way it all blends with your décor...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice and the colors are perfect. Little did you know that tablescaping could be a good lunch work-out, since you put it out and then had to put it all away. :-)
    Wanda@weekendwanderlust.co

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great space - I love it, and the new look you've given your furniture. The idea of the curtains is brilliant.
    Visiting from Time Travel Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your porch! Blue us always a go to color for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Blues are fabulous, I love everything you did. Your cushions are pretty and love the plain blue pillows, they go so well.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    www.cottagegalstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful inviting porch to go and relax. Love the blues and greens. Can't wait to see the curtains added. Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad I found this one too on the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. You have a beautiful house it looks like. I love the back porch where you can just sit and relax. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fresh and cool colour scheme. I picture lovely flowing white curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the green and blue colors of nature you added to your cozy back porch! Thanks so much for sharing at the Fun in the Sun Linky Party! I featured you today! http://www.settingforfour.com/2014/06/fabulous-diy-home-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this. The colors are a favorite palette.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've created such a lovely space! I love the green and blue color scheme and the new paint on the furniture made a world of difference. Thanks so much for linking up to Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your back porch is so pretty! Isn't it amazing what a coat of paint can do to spruce up a space? I love the color palette you chose - blues and greens are lovely!
    Michele @ Our Rosey Life

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very pretty - perfect color scheme for summer. Brilliant solution to the bottle carrier dilemma - I will be copying for sure! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute porch--love the color scheme! I also like the look of painting the ceiling of a porch blue--might work great with your look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love the colors you are using in this space!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your porch is so pretty! Those soft colors make it a soothing spot. Our patio furniture came with cushions that are kind of paprika color....that's not my favorite. Next year I'm going to change them. :)

    ReplyDelete