Sunday, May 1, 2016

Another snowy weekend

It is another snowy weekend here in Colorado.  I have been trying to get most of the outside house painted so I can concentrate on other projects but the weather is not cooperating lately.  Last weekend I was able to get some done but not all of it. 


We probably have about 4-6 inches of snow in our yard but a least it isn't sticking to the roads or our driveway.  So this weekend I decided to finish working on the powder room and start working on the kitchen island.





So my idea is to remove the trim, add beadboard and some corbels.  Once that is all done I will be painting the whole island white and antiquing it.  I am also redoing the cabinet bases.  The previous owners put new doors and drawer fronts on but only painted the bases.  The color did not match so I am getting some of that done this weekend.

Here is a before section of the cabinets.  Please ignore the bag inside.  I found it when I removed the drawers.  The kickboard is the same color as the doors.  It is hard to see the difference with this picture but the doors are more a reddish brown where the bases are a dark brown.


Here is a picture of the same area after I painted  and glazed it.



Now the bases match the kickboard.  I took another picture of the cabinet next to the drawer section.  Here you can see a existing panel on the right and the painting technique I used next to it.  I think that it matches pretty well.  Again please ignore my messy cabinets.


Now onto finishing the island and the bathroom.

1 comment :

  1. I cannot believe you are still getting snow. I hope it stops so that you can get your projects done.

    ReplyDelete