Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Couple more bookcases done in the study

I have four built in bookcases in the study and I have finished decorating three of them so far.  I still need to finish the other one and get the fireplace mantel decorated.  I still would like to add more things to the walls also.



This side of the room has bookcases above the wainscoting.  The bookcases on the opposite side go to the floor.  I still need to hang something on the wall between the bookcases.  I did do a faux finish on the walls to give it an old world look.


Here is the close up pictures of each bookcase.



Here is one of the full bookcases by the fireplace that I finished a few weeks ago.


Here is what I got done so far on the mantel.  I am still trying to figure out what to put on each side of the clock.



4 comments :

  1. Looks great! You definitely have a knack for decorating shelves. It must be fun (and a bit overwhelming) to have all these new spaces for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Most of my decor is dark since all my bookcases in our last home were white. It has been a challenging to get these done. I still have some left over books that I don't know where to put yet.

      Delete
  2. It's always daunting to do four of anything--not to match but coordinate. So far you have really succeeded in having continuity and still interest in your cases. The faux finish on your walls is gorgeous. I hope you ahve done a post on that somewhere. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. I haven't done a post on the walls yet. I was waiting until everything was done to show the before and after.

      Delete