Friday, November 20, 2015

My husbands office (another one almost done)

Today I am sharing the bookcases in my husbands office.  This was suppose to be the guest bedroom but he thought the study downstairs was too small.  I did a faux finish on the wall to look more old world.  I didn't take pictures of the whole room since I still need to get curtains and hang some pictures.  Also his desk area is a mess right now.  Sorry for the glare at the top of the pictures as I had to have the ceiling fan on. 



He is thinking about moving the treadmill over to this corner of the room.  Since we don't use the closet I think there will be plenty of room.


The walls aren't that bright of a yellow.  Here is more what the walls looks like in this next picture.


Here is what the bedroom looked like before I painted.  I forgot to get a picture but this is from the listing with other owners furniture.

We are going to replace the ceiling fan with a light fixture.  I have bought it already but the hubby hasn't hung it yet.  Maybe I can get him to do it this weekend.

2 comments :

  1. Jody, I love your wall unit. It very nice. If you and your husband just keep plugging along things will be done before you know. It's better to take your time . My husband and I have done many projects together. We still need to sand our hardwood floors in the living room and dining room. ....on going, I think. The dining room had been done and we tore up the carpet and now it all needs done. Ted's part time job is messing with our retirement. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. It has traveled with us for three moves now. I just want to get the main level of the house in some kind of order before Thanksgiving since everyone is coming here. I probably wont get the downstairs study done but I still need to tackle the formal living room. Right now it is still being used as a dumping ground and it is one of the first rooms you see when you walk in the door. The dining room is pretty much done as is the family room and kitchen (for now). I still have some projects in mind for the kitchen and family room but that will be after Christmas.

      Delete