Friday, October 18, 2013

October snow

There is nothing like living in Colorado.  One day it is sunny and warm and the next morning you wake up to this.
Here is a picture of my maple tree in the backyard.  It has been through a lot these past few months.  In August we had a really bad hail storm that damaged most of my landscaping that took me three months to do this year.  Yes I was about to cry when I came home that day to see most of my flowers and bushes pulverized.  I don't think that my tree will do very well once this has melted.  Right now all the leaves are torn up and they will probably fall off after this snow.

We live near  what is called "the foothills" in the Denver metro area.  We are always getting the most snowfall than most of the city.  This is a picture of the area behind our house.  There is a small creek in all the bushes that comes off of the pond further west from our house.
The only thing that I don't like about living in Colorado is the snow.  My husband and I don't ski or snowboard and I hate to drive in it.  I do like to look at it when I can stay home.  It always ruins the Fall season here.  We are lucky to get about a month of Fall, two months of Spring, if we are lucky, three months of Summer and the rest is Winter.  Every once in a while you will get a few nice days thrown in between the winter months.  Oh how I long the for the Southern States.

No comments :

Post a Comment