Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ready for granite

We are finally getting granite countertops in the kitchen.  Yesterday we went and picked out the granite.  Tomorrow they will be coming the make the template and hopefully they will be installed by friday. Here are a few pictures of the kitchen right now.  Who knew that only one row of tiles would be so hard to remove.  It was like they used super glue.
Please excuse the mess.  I had to move everything from the countertops to the kitchen table.
Here is a close up of the desk area.  As soon as the countertops are installed I will be refinishing the cabinets with the Rusoleum kit that I got at Home Depot.  I already refinished the island and the butler pantry a dark brown.  The rest of the cabinets are going to be off white with a brown glaze.
Here is the butler pantry with the refinished cabinets.  Now all it needs is the new countertop and backsplash.  My husband and I will be installing the backsplash  here and in the kitchen. I will be posting more pictures as we progress.

No comments :

Post a Comment