Monday, June 26, 2017

A little bit of gardening done


I have been MIA for a few weeks now.  We closed the shop for 3 weeks and I have been trying to get some projects done around the house.  One of the projects that is completed is the garden on the South side of the front porch.  As usual I forgot to take a before picture.  The picture below is from when we first bought the house.  The quality isn't that good but you can see that there is pretty much nothing there but some ornamental grass and a lot of rocks.




The first thing I did was move all the small rocks out and put them in the front yard by the street since that area was looking pretty barren.  Let me tell that was not an easy job.  I was filling up 5 gallon buckets and had to use a dolly to transport them to the street.  I was using 5 of them and probably loaded them more than fifty times.  I also dug out the ornamental grass. It gets way too tall and is such a mess in the Fall.

Now this area has flowers and mulch.  It looks so much better now.  The next area to do is on the other side of fence.  It is pretty much the same but does have a few daisies planted that I can work with and two more mounds of ornamental grass that I need to dig out.  Here is how it turned out.



Here are a few close ups.






I know it doesn't look like much right now but in a few years this will be all filled in.  As I was taking pictures I notice mama and baby next door.  I tried to get as many pictures possible before they moved on.




How cute is this fawn.







No comments :

Post a Comment