Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall is in the kitchen

It's that time of year again when you just can't wait to get the Fall decorations out.  I started decorating indoors on Labor Day weekend.  I like to wait to do the outdoors closer to the end of September.  I thought I would start with the kitchen.  Here is the breakfast area.




Now for the kitchen island.  Some of these pictures turned out a little dark.  I have a hard time getting good pictures in my kitchen since it doesn't get much sunlight coming in.

 Here is a close up of the shelves.


I added a few fall touches on the counter tops too.

 Here is a close up.


I tried to get a good picture of the topiaries by the sink but it turned out a little dark on one side.

And the close up.

I tucked a few pumpkins on top of the cabinets.  I usually don't decorate for the seasons up there.


That's all I have gotten done so far.  I will be doing more decorating today.  I have so much fall decor that it takes awhile to go through it all and see what I want to use.  Does anyone else have that problem?  Hopefully I can at least get the living room done today and maybe finish  the dining room.

Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive,DIY Show Off,Finding Silver Pennies.Thoughts From Alice,Three Mango Seeds,Elizabeth Joan Designs,Boogieboard Cottage,Dwellings The Heart of Your Home,I Should Be Mopping The Floor,The Journey Back,Cozy Little House,A Stroll Thru Life,My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,Confessions of a Plate Addict,The Dedicated House,Our Home Away From Home,Elizabeth and Co,DIY by Design,Savvy Southern Style,Lavender Garden Cottage,The Happy Housie,The Style Sisters,Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson,A Delightsome Life,From My Front Porch To Yours,Ivy and Elephants,Between Naps On The Porch,Imparting Grace,Katherines Corner,Posed Perfection,Rooted In Thyme,The Charm of Home,French Country Cottage,Shabby Art Boutique,Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,Love of Family and Home,Redoux Interiors,The Shabby NNatasha in Ozest,DIY Vintage Chic,Just Us Four,The 36th Avenue,My Romantic Home,Pieced Pastimes, Natasha in Oz,Green Willow Pond,April's Homemaking
Hymns and Verses,Be Different Act Normal, Rustic & Refined

 

36 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! I love the white pumpkins. You've done an amazing job. I would love to share your post!
    Come by my Fall Linky party and link!

    http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2014/09/welcome-fall-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, your decor is so pretty! Love the topiaries all dressed for Fall! Your tablesetting is beautiful, as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kitchen vignette and I love those pumpkins and the wonderful Fall colors you've added to your kitchen; such deep reds and burnt oranges, just adore Fall. The topiaries are awesome too and that proud roos, just the perfect touch!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty. Everything looks so warm and cozy, and I love your floral arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty!! I love the plates on the table, are they from Pottery Barn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want a rooster and some chickens. I love yours. I missed the table cloth last night when I read this post. They even have the fall leaves. Your kitchen is beautiful. Thanks for coming and linking here! The party goes all during September so come and link again! Have a great week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are decorated! I need to get busy, all your touches look great and I love those pumpkin plates!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen and table look great! Love all the pumpkins everywhere and the Fall harvest theme. I bought some pumpkins but they will stay inside until later... Not quite ready for pumpkins on the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful kitchen. Your fall vignettes are so gorgeous!! I see you have a lot of roosters.. I have roosters in my kitchen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody,
    Your tablescape is stunning!!!
    I adore your pumpkin plates with the blossoms and the pumpkins!
    The white tablecloth with leaf motif is gorgeous!!!
    The white pumpkins atop your cabinets fill in the theme of your kitchen, quite nicely!
    A true Autumnal Blessing for me to enjoy this favorite of Seasons in your Kitchen.
    Thank you for inviting me into your lovely home!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you have done an amazing job with your autumn decorating - it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jody
    I looove everything you done for the Fall and the table i do love and the way it is so beautiful decorating and all the pumpkins and the fall leaves....just so beautiful! Autumn is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done a lot of work and it's beautiful. All of your pictures are gorgeous! So happy I found you via Marty's party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Tablescape- pretty dishes and the centerpiece is perfect! Your island arrangement is cute and so are all your other accents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tablescape, I love pumpkins and I am in love with those pumpkin dessert/salad plates, so pretty, as is the whole table.........Your kitchen looks great too. Nice job - everything looks so pretty and festive. Glad I came by............
    Blessings Galore,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks so nice... the warmer colors for fall... fun, but seems like summer shouldn't be over yet. :) Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks so pretty.Inspiring and I love those beautiful fall plates.Your centre piece so very grand.Have a beautiful day..Love sujatha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks beautiful: so warm and welcoming and perfect for fall celebrations. Bravo! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so lovely. You have created such a pretty and warm home. The table is just perfect for autumn.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a lot of fall decor as well. Trying not to buy more. lol! It all looks lovely! Very colorful for the wonderful fall season! I have that same b&w pumpkin. It's on my living room mantle this year. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! you have done lots "fall décor" your home is beautiful. I dropped by to say G'Day, and follow you g+.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. this tablescape turned out beautifully and love above the cabinets everything looks like it so belongs there.great cobo together.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  24. G'day! Gorgeous table setting Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty! Please stop back if you haven't already done so, to visit some other people's submissions at the party! Cheers! Joanne What's On The List? Perhaps you'll answer one of my questions too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your table and whole kitchen are gorgeous! Love those pumpkin plates. I LOVE Fall too!!! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful ! Love all your fall decorations ! The arrangement on your island is fabulous !
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jody, such a dramatic Fall display. Love how you layered the Fall decor on the counter. Just perfect for the Fall season. From your newest follower, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything is beautiful! Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous fall tablescape and decor! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful fall touches! Thank you so much for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty - love the topiaries !!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have such a flair for design! I wish I had enough counter space to such displays. Your kitchen turned out lovely.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful table...love the pumpkin plates.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks like you love autumn as much as me!
    Blessings, Pam
    www.everydayliving.me

    ReplyDelete