Monday, August 25, 2014

Covered deck finally done

So after two long months the covered deck is done.  I still have the railings going down the stairs to repaint but all of the upper area is done.  Some of the pictures turned out a little dark since the area is shaded now and I couldn't get the flash to work on the camera.  So here is the results.



I repainted all the patio furniture and got new cushions for the seats.  I was able to get two sitting areas and still have plenty of open space for walking.  Here is the table for two in the corner.


I wanted to get a picture showing the ceiling fan but it came out a little dark. 

 I love my large table.  It has a lazy susan in the middle which make a perfect spot for a vignette.



Here is what we started with and how the progress went.






I had a visitor the other day on the deck.  It took me awhile to notice him.  He blended so well with the new deck color.
I am not sure what kind of moth he is but he was about two to three inches in width.  He hung around all day long and he left in the evening.

Right now I am working on getting the patio cleaned up under the deck and getting it redecorated.  It is taking longer than I thought it would since they scratched up all my newly painted furniture and I have to repaint it.

I would like to get it done today so that I can start decorating for Fall inside the house.  Wish me luck.

Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive,DIY Show Off,Thoughts From Alice,Finding Silver Pennies,Three Mango Seeds,Between Naps on The Porch,Elizabeth Joan Designs,Dwellings The Heart of Your Home    
Boogieboard Cottage,I Should Be Mopping The Floor,Coastal Charm,Our Home Away From Home,A Stroll Thru Life,Cozy Little House,Worthington Cour,tMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,Savvy Southern Style,Elizabeth and Co,The Style Sisters,The Happy Housie,Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson,A Delightsome Life,From My Front Porch To Yours,Rooted In Thyme,Between Naps on the Porch,Ivy and Elephants,The Dedicated House,Katherines Corner,Posed Perfection
Rustic & Refined,DIY by Design,Imparting Grace,The Charm of Home,Shabby Art Boutique
Hymns and Verses,Redoux Interiors,Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,The Shabby Nest,Craftberry Bush,DIY Vintage Chic,Just Us Four,The 36th Avenue,Simple Details 
French Country Cottage,Natasha in Oz
Remodelaholic

29 comments :

  1. Wow, your covered deck is stunning! I am so jealous, my backyard is on the must do list to add some shade. I love the columns you did and your table looks amazing. You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a project! I know that you are going to enjoy using this so much! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great addition to the back porch! SO pretty. Love the tables too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new deck looks like such a fantastic new area to hang out in! You've already decorated your tables wonderfully (love the fallish Tuscan look) but I'm excited to see future tablescapes in your new space as well. That table for two is perfect for a morning coffee or evening glass of wine with hubby I'm sure!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful outdoor space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a beautiful space! Now it looks like it really belongs to your house. Good luck getting it wrapped up and on to Fall decorating. Mine is almost finished and cannot wait to start sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors! Your tables are so pretty! I envy your shade! We are still too hot to be outside here in Missouri so I am looking forward to cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this deck area! What a great place to dine and just enjoy!

    And your dishes and centerpiece deserve applause. Cute, cute plates!

    Dropping by from Susan's.

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your centerpiece is gorgeous! Dishes are lovely too... :-)

    Lory
    Designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous addition to your porch. The large table is beautiful and I know you will really enjoy this for many years. Your lazy susan is great for the centerpiece. Your rooster adds a great accent to the vignette.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am envious of your deck, you will enjoy it. Love your tablesetting as well.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful deck! And now you can use it so much more now that it is covered. I am pinning to my Gardening/Outdoors board.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful color choices. So rich and deep. I neeeeed to get out and decorate for fall. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your deck is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you hace used in your cushions and vignette too. We just got a retractible awning for our deck, thank goodness. The sun BEATS down on there all day. Our deck is teeny tiny so can't have a decent sized table there:(:( It makes me NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great transformation the deck is wonderful. The tablescapes are beautiful, I love the dishes!! The moth is cute too, hehe.

    Have a great weekend
    Karren
    Oh My Heartsie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so fabulous. Love your colour combinations. Magazine worthy :) enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your deck turned out so lovely! I love the ceiling and the fan. What a nice large space for entertaining and just relaxing. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! You're going to love this covered outdoor space! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful deck. I love the way it ties into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your new covered porch is absolutely gorgeous. Love your tablescape as well. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful transformation, the new roofline makes such a dramatic difference! Lovely! Thanks for linking up with us at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your covered deck is absolutely beautiful, love your decor! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so beautiful! We're currently designing a roof for our back deck and your's gave me some wonderful ideas! What type of flooring did you install? Thanks for sharing!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted the existing flooring which is trex with a product called deck over that I got at Home Depot. The color I choose is tugboat.

      Delete
  24. I just found this post and I LOVE your new covered deck!! Where did you find and what brand is your fabulous ceiling fan!? I love lighthouses and it looks just like a fresnel lens. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I bought the ceiling fan at Lowe's. The brand is called Harbor Breeze Merrimack.

      Delete