Monday, May 5, 2014

French country hutch and tea cups

This weekend I started to take down all the Spring decor in the house.  I didn't get too far as I had yard work to do and I started my new project of getting my craft room organized.  I did manage to get the hutch in the basement redone.  I added the soup tureen from the dining room and my newest addition of the duck in the basket.  I don't have anymore room on this hutch so I better slow down with purchasing any more for awhile. 





Now all I need to do is get some artwork on the walls and decorate below the hutch.  I want to decorate around the chair and the milk can.

My sister-in-law gave me some tea cups that were her mother-in-laws. I love tea cups but just don't have any out for display.  There are 24 of them and I am not sure if I will be keeping all of them yet.  There are a few that I like.  These are the ones that I like the best.


I have them sitting on my desk for now.  This one is the most interesting to me.  I have never seen one like this before.  It only says Itlay on the bottom.
Here are the rest of them.  I like the three on the left side the best.  I wish that they all had saucers.



Now for a sneak peek of my next project.  This is one of my embarrassing rooms so I am not going to show the before picture right now since you can't hardly walk through the room because I emptied out the closet.  So here are some pictures of the closet before.  I am painting it the same color as the room and going to get it organized.
I forgot how big this closet is.  When we moved in almost two years ago I had to just throw a lot of stuff in here real quick.  This basement bedroom is as big as our master upstairs but the closet is smaller.  I am using this as a craft room/guest room.  Check back to see the results.



I am linking with

the tablescaper-seasonal sundays
thoughts from alice-sundays at home
finding silver pennies-silver pennies sunday
three mango seeds-it's party time
create with joy-inspire me monday
boogieboard cottage-masterpiece monday
dwellings-the heart of your home-amaze me monday
between naps on the porch-metamorphosis monday
 my uncommon slice of suburbia-inspire me monday
the dedicated home-make it pretty monday
our home away from home-tuesday at our home
a stroll thru life-inspire me tuesday
confessions of a plate addict-the scoop
coastal charm-nifty thrifty tuesday
elizabeth and co-inspired tuesday
diy by design-swing into spring
savvy southern style-wow us wednesday
green willow pond-what we accomplished wednesday
ivy and elephants-what's it wednesday
the style sisters-centerpiece wednesday
the happy housie-work it wednesday
have a daily cup of mrs olson-share your cup thursday
from my front porch to yours-treasure hunt thursday
the brambleberry cottage-time travel thursday
easy life meal and party planning-four season blog hop
a delightsome life-home and garden thursday
posed perfection-creative ways
katherines corner-favorite things blog hop
imparting grace-grace at home
rooted in thyme-simple and sweet fridays
common ground-be inspired friday
the charm of home-home sweet home
redoux interiors-the best linky party
the thrifty groove-thrifty things friday
french country cottage-feathered nest friday
craftberry bush-inspiration gallery
bacon time with the hungry hypo-anything goes friday
shabby nest-frugal friday
romantic home-show and tell friday
shabby art boutique-shabbilicious friday
how sweet the sound-pink saturday
pieced pastimes-saturday sparks
be different act normal-show and tell saturday
http://www.ducksnarow.com/
life on lakeshore drive-bouquet of talent
DIY Vintage Chic
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com

15 comments :

  1. Love the hutch, it looks so pretty for spring and wow, your teacup collection is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hutch is beautiful and you have a very nice collection of tea cups! I know it would be lots of fun to decorate that piece.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such an amazing teacup collection, they're ALL gorgeous! I love how you displayed in your hutch! Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hutch looks great Jody. I have a tea cup and tea pot collection too. Once someone finds out that you like them they seem to grow like wild fire. You have a lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning tea cup collection. It's just beautiful! and love how you decorated your hutch....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely tea cups. Love the way you have styled the hutch. I will just sit here and watch you organize and paint :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a huge French Country fan! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few tea cups from my Grandmother and I display my favorites too. The yellow one in your picture is similar to one of mine. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hutch looks so nice. How wonderful that you have all that space to turn into a craft room! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hutch really looks lovely. Love the collection of white! The teacups are beautiful and what a nice gift. Can't wait to see the completed craft room. I love mine! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Welsh hutch...did you make it?
    Your teacups are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is two separate pieces that I put together and painted to match. The bottom is a sofa table and the top goes to a different buffet that we us in our business.

      Delete
  12. You have such pretty dishes and I love the hutch display with the white dishes. I'm a bit jealous of your craft storage...but so happy you have a place to keep everything. I know how hard it is to be creative when you are surrounded by stuff. So much better to have a place to store it. Thanks for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party! Hope you'll be back this week with more great posts.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday, Jody. I am so glad you joined us this weekend. Thank you for making Pink Saturdays special.♥

    You have so many wonderful pieces on your hutch. It all looks wonderful. The double handle cup looks like it may be Capodimonte. My mother had something similar to it that was.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hutch is beautiful! LOVE your teacups! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete