Monday, February 19, 2018

Wine cork project update

A little update on my wine cork project that I am doing on the wet bar in our basement.  I was to get to work on it for a little bit on Saturday and Sunday.  I have now gotten about half of it done.  I wish that I could say that it has been easy but it has really been a challenge.  Not only do I have to be careful not to cut a finger off with the scroll saw but I have burned my fingers numerous times with the hot glue gun.




Here is a close up on a section of the wall.  The problem that I have been having is that not all of the corks are the same size so it makes the lines look a little crooked at some point.  It does look better when you look at it at a distance.  The bar stools will cover up most of the wall anyway.


Here is a recap from the previous weekend when I only got to work on it one day.  As you can see I didn't get very far.  It takes time to cut the corks in half and that is what I was mainly doing the previous weekend.  The scroll saw makes it much easier and faster then trying to cut them with a knife or razor blade.





I am thinking that maybe I will stop at this point.  We had the furniture delivered on Saturday I need to get it arranged and get the basement organized.  It looks pretty neat at this point anyway.



Linking with
Life on Lakeshore Drive
My Soulful Home
The Painted Hinge
Rustic & Refined
Between Naps on the Porch
Celebrate and Decorate
 My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
A Stroll Thru Life
StoneGable
Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
Our Home Away From Home
Julie's Creative Lifestyle
Savvy Southern Style
A Delightsome Life
Imparting Grace
Follow the Yellow Brick Home
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home

12 comments :

  1. Dear Jody, Great project and wonderful idea!!! I'm wondering if you are getting hammered with snow today like we are up in the north. I'm so ready for spring! It's been snowing all day and they are saying we could get another 3-8" by tonight. Hope you are staying warm.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday it snowed all day and the roads were pretty bad going home last night after work. We got over 6 inches at our house. At least the roads were nicer today then last night.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous idea! It is coming out so nicely. I know it has to be a lot of work. It will be worth it when you finish it. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody.....it is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to it finished. I think we have all done that one project that we think is going be a piece of cake and it turns out to be a souffle. But, once you get it down the end result is well worth it. Had a ice storm here in North Texas last night and glad I don't have to leave the house until this afternoon. Hope the roads will be safe to drive on by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look and idea. What do you do to the corks to keep fruit flies from buzzing around trying to get to the residue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any problems with fruit flies. I have had these in a sealed glass container for a few years now.

      Delete
  5. Wow, so far so good! What a great job and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I got quite a bit more done this past weekend and will be posting the pictures later today.

      Delete
  6. Wow what a huge job but looks great. It looks great just the way it is now!
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I thought about stopping at this point but I decided to see it through.

      Delete
  7. This is such a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Jody. This is amazing. I can only imagine how many hours of cutting this takes, but it really does look good. Yes, you could leave it at this half-wall point--it looks really cool already, and you can always come back and finish it!

    You inspire me to get up out of my chair and get some things done around here! :)

    ReplyDelete