Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fall dreaming


Now that it is the middle of August I had better start thinking about how I am going to decorate for Fall this year.  The past couple of years I have been lucky to get it done by Thanksgiving.  This year I am going to get a head start (maybe).  At least I have already started looking at magazines and pictures of my past decor.  Here are a few for my much needed inspiration this year.

This is my favorite.


Most of these pictures are from last year.






Now if these don't help me I don't know what will.  The only thing I dread is getting into the storage room in the basement and dragging out all of my fall containers.  The worst part is getting all of them up the stairs.  That takes me most of the day to get all the containers upstairs as I am not getting any younger.  In my head I still think I am in my 20's but my body feels more like I am in my 70's the next day.  Sometimes I wish would age in reverse.  We start out middle aged and go back to our 20's.

Linking with
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
21 Rosemary Lane
Imparting Grace
A Delightsome Life
Katherine's Corner
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Craftberry Bush
Shoestring Elegance
Life with Lorelai
Shabby Art Boutique
Pieced Pastimes
My Soulful Home
Life on Lakeshore Drive
 Scrapality
Rustic & Refined
Coastal Charm
Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
Finding Silver Pennies
Between Naps on the Porch
Julie's Creative Lifestyle
A Stroll thru Life
Worthington Court
Our Home Away From Home
Savvy Southern Style
Oh My Heartsie Girl
DIY by Design

15 comments :

  1. Hi Jody, I love Fall and here in Colorado it is feeling every bit like fall. In fact, I think it will arrive early, but the only thing I dislike about that is that means an early winter. I love all your decorations-especially the tartan plaid in the first picture. I am slowly transitioning from Patriotic to Fall. Thanks for sharing.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a few Fall like days here. I live on the west side of C-470 and it only seems to rain for like 10 minutes and quits. The forecast for the rest of this week is in the high 80's and the weekend is going to get into the low 90's. I love Summer but I am kind of ready for cooler weather so I don't have to run the sprinklers as much. I am hoping to get started within the next few weekends getting the Fall decor out. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. We are having an unusually hot summer and I haven't started even "thinking" fall yet but you've certainly inspired me with these gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never like to hurry up the year but it has been pretty warm here and if it does rain we are lucky for it to last about 5 to 10 minutes. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait till Sept 1st which is when I start decorating for fall all over the house! Love the photos. &, yes, It's hot & humid, but if I waited for "crisp cool fall air", I would have to skip fall decorations & go straight to Christmas decor. My fav month to travel via road trips is October, & I head NORTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I will start my indoor decorating around the first of September also. I will probably wait until the end of September to decorate outside. Sometimes is snows here in Colorado in October and since we live in the foothills it can dump on us pretty hard. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. These are such beautiful vignettes and table settings. Thanks for the fall inspiration. It's still super-hot outdoors, but I guess it's time to start thinking about fall decor.
    Carol ("Mimi")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I am like you, I started gathering some inspiration too. Last year I got lucky and got it done in 2 weeks but it drove me crazy. Sometimes I can do it in a day and other times I am never satisfied. I'm glad to hear that maybe others might kinda struggle too a bit. Some blog sites I read they make it seem like they did it in 2 minutes. ha ha! Loved your porch last year and am really looking forward to what you do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jody,
    Thank you for the fall inspiration! I know what you mean about trekking up and down the stairs for the décor boxes....although mine are upstairs. (no basements in Texas) Love your photos from last year. Beautiful job!
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful inspiration! Your fall bench has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jody, I can tell you love fall, all of your decoration throughout your home are beautiful!!
    Thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week!:) Wordless Wednesday
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you! I remember your fall decor from last year; bench looked wonderful! I, too, need to get a head start on fall decorating, even if I don't plan to put it out quite yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much inspiration...all so lovely!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous!! Wishing we had a dip in temperature so I couls enjoy autumn decorating at our home too hugs!

    ReplyDelete