Monday, January 18, 2016

New color in the kitchen


I am proud to say that I got the kitchen painted and the upper niches decorated.  I painted it two weekends ago and got the decorating done yesterday.  I was in such a hurry to get it painted I forgot to take a picture of the old wall color.  It had a faux finish to it and I wanted a solid color.  I went light in the kitchen since it doesn't get much natural light.  We have a covered deck that wraps around the kitchen so it stays pretty dark.  The color I used is Putnam Ivory by Benjamin Moore.



Here is a picture of the wall color when the last owners lived here.  It is hard to see the faux finish in this photo but it is the only one I have.




Here are pictures of the niches that I decorated.  You can see three in the first photo above and the fourth is on the wall to the right of the picture.




 This little white piggy is going to be brown soon.  He doesn't show up to well so I think that he will look good brown.




I also decorated above the refrigerator since you can't open the doors to the cabinets all the way.  The refrigerator doors sit up a bit higher than the top of the fridge so the cabinet doors hit them.


I found another before we moved in picture showing the breakfast nook (all the furniture in the below picture is the former owners when it was on the market).   I didn't take a picture of that area yet as I am waiting for my new curtains to arrive.



Linking with
Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life,   StoneGable, Home Remedies, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Elizabeth & Co, Savvy Southern Style, The Happy Housie, DIY by Design,
Beyond the Picket Fence, The Bajan Texan, Ivy and Elephants, Katherines Corner, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Northern Nesting, Mila's Little Things, Imparting Grace, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, The Charm of Home, DIY Vintage Chic, Life with Lorelai, My Romantic Home, Creative Country Mom, Craftberry Bush, Chic on a Shoestring, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality, Tabler Party of Two, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Pink When, Karen's Up On The Hill,
Dwellings The Heart of Your Home









26 comments :

  1. Jody,
    the kitchen paint hue is perfect, dear friend!!!
    I adore your decor above the cabinets!!!
    Your new home is absolutely lovely!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I am hoping to get my curtains in this week so I can finish off the breakfast nook area. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Looks terrific, beautiful vinyette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful kitchen and I love the niches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the French Country look of your niches! What a nice feature to have in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My kitchen screams to be Tuscan but I will be changing the color of the island to white so the French Country will blend better.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jody, I love your new color. I clicked on your icon on Share your Cup because I'm getting ready to paint our kitchen and want a color similar to yours. Very pretty kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a great color that brightens up my kitchen. I just got some black and cream buffalo check curtains and the wall color looks great with them.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful decor! Great job and thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How warm and inviting it looks! Thank you for sharing this on the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kitchen, I am sooo envious of those niches! I have a chicken collection too, but no where near as pretty to display them in my old house. Thanks for the wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on choosing the paint colour and decorating those niches! Your new kitchen is lovely. I just love your decorating style and can't wait to see your new curtains and the rest of that area. Visiting from Saturday Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I have the new curtains put up and will hopefully getting the pictures done this weekend and get it posted.

      Delete
  10. Love the Tuscan feel you have in the kitchen!! Niches in the kitchen give you so many decorating opportunities!! Thank you for sharing at the Wonderful Wednesday Link Party! I hope you will join us again!! Christine @ Must Love Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new paint in your kitchen, it is so very beautiful. Thank you for sharing on SYC. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new paint looks great! I have never been fond of those faux finishes. The decorating is coming a lot wonderfully! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I don't mind faux finishes as I just did one in my office and my husbands. I was just wanting a lighter color in the kitchen as it doesn't get much sunlight. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  13. Hi Jody! Oh, your kitchen looks beautiful! I love the new paint color you've used and your niches look great! I know you're enjoying your new home.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia. I am slowly getting rooms put together. Have a great day!

      Delete
  14. Your home is beautiful. I love the niches! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete