Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pom pom bunnies

I had fun making the bunny bottoms that I put in my egg cups for my funny bunny tablescape.  It only took about 30 minutes to complete all four.



Here is how I made my little bunny bottoms in the egg cups.  I used some yarn, foam, already made pom poms, paint and some hot glue.

First I made the tan pom poms with the yarn.  I haven't made these since I was little.  I wrapped the yarn around my hand 80 times and then tied it together.


Next I cut the loops. Not very pretty at this stage.


Then you shape the pom pom to what size you want with scissors.


I made a pattern for the feet and then cut them out from some tan foam and painted the pads pink.  I tried to cut out small ovals out of the pink foam but they looked pretty rough.  Then I  hot glued them to the pom pom body and also the small pom pom for the tail.


 Here is what it looks like in the cup on the table.



Linking with
Between Naps on the Porch, The Diy Dreamer, Carolyns Homework

6 comments :

  1. They are sooo adorable! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I have some extra pom-poms lying around. What a great way to use them! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute -- love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Just pinned! Thank you for sharing tutorila!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope that you are having a great day too!

      Delete