Tuesday, September 2, 2014

That touch of mink

Faux that is.  I just watched Doris Day in "That Touch of Mink".  I love Doris Day movies.  I always wanted a faux mink throw.  Well, I finally got one.  I put it in my sitting room that is off of the master bedroom. I can't wait to use it this Fall/Winter season.

I still have a few more projects to do in here.  I need to work on the fireplace ( I don't really care for white tile but it will probably stay), do something to the coffee table ( I hate the color of it), decorate the desk and the mantel.

Here it is on the loveseat.




Now let's see what I got done so far.  Here is what the cornice board looked like before.  Actually this material was on the kitchen cornice boards and it is in the family room off the kitchen.  I still need to redo the one in the family room.  It also has panels on each side that match.

Now here is the after.

I think that it looks better with the decor I have in here than the floral did.  It's hard to see the pattern in this picture.  Here is a close up.


I love this old desk that was my parents.  It is made of maple and I really hate to paint it.  It has a few scratches from all the moving that we have done but I think that all it needs for now is a little TLC
 and a decorative touch.  I got out the scratch concealer and gussied it up.  Now I just need to finish decorating it.



This room is a little cramped but I don't use the desk since I have one built in the kitchen. It is only decorative right now. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the loveseat.  It used to be in the basement family room in our old house.  We just don't have that much room in our new basement.  I was nice and let my husband use the family room down there for his workout room.  It really isn't big enough to put furniture in and still get to the bedroom behind it.  Our basement has a weird layout.

This room will be one of my projects this winter.  We are still working on the master bathroom.  The shower/tile area is not as easy as I thought it would be to tile it.  This is a far as we have gotten so far.  It took us awhile to figure out what pattern to use since the tub is attached to the shower and it has a seat.  Yes that is cardboard underneath the tile on the right side.  As it turns out the pan is not level with the seat.  What else is new.  Something always seems to go wrong. I am so ready to have this done as I am getting tired of having to go down to the basement to take a shower.









1 comment :

  1. I too am working on a tile shower project. I am having to replace the fiberglass shower pan because it cracked after only 5 years and the repair guy told me that it cannot be repaired because it will melt! I had to rip out the bottom 2 rows of tile to get the pan out and start over making a cement base then adding the rubber membrane before the top sloped base and now tile. You are right, it is quite the job and I am so ready to be finished. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete