Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's amazing what you can find on Ebay

Today just for fun I thought I would search for items from Galva Illinois.  This is the town that my mother came from and it has under 3000 people living there.  We visited every summer when I was young (my grandmother and one of my mother's sister lived there).  You could walk downtown from both of their homes.  Some of my best memories of childhood are from that place.

So here is what I came across.  I found this picture for sale back from 1948.  My grandmother is in this picture. I couldn't believe it.  As they say it's a small world.

2 comments :

  1. How amazing is that? Wonderful picture and find! Yes, it is a small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have many family pictures, and my sister did the same thing as you, just to see what she could find. What she found wasn't a family photo per se, but a photo of a train wreck that our grandfather photographed in 1907. It was cool seeing his work and his name on the photo. She has the camera the photo was taken with ~ Sometimes it's a very small world!

    ReplyDelete