Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring has sprung and new doors

Well, I guess that Spring is finally here in Colorado.  Of course we can still get snow this month and next month also.  My ash tree by the house has some leaves and flowers on it.  This is the first tree in our yard that has leaves all the others just have their buds.
It has tiny white flowers on it. Here are the close ups.


I can't wait for the flowers to start blooming.  It looks like everything is coming back this year except for one bush.  Last August we had a horrible hail storm that damaged my garden.  I had just redone the whole front yard and put all new plants in June.  I guess I got lucky that all I have to replace is one bush.

We had our new storm doors installed yesterday and they look great.  I know that most people don't like security doors but I love the scrolls on these.  The don't live in a bad area  but my hubby likes to have the extra protection when I answer the door.  You just never know these days. 

Here are the before pictures.




 

Now for the after pictures.  Here is the front door.  It is not easy getting a good picture since we have a railing in front of the door.
 Here is what it looks like from the sidewalk.


Here is the basement door.
And the door off of the deck.
I think they look much better than the white doors.  Our next outdoor project is removing the ugly pergola and getting a roof put over the deck.  We are still waiting for a couple of bids to come in so I don't know when it will get done.  I just want it done before Winter so I don't have to shovel it anymore.  The back of our house faces North so the snow stays unless you remove it.

Once the covered roof gets done I can finally get the deck decorated.  I bought new cushions for the deck furniture and the furniture below the deck.  I will also be repainting the furniture.  We have had this furniture for over 10 years and it needs a facelift.



 

1 comment :

  1. Oh the trees looks fabulous and the doors do too. Spring is really finally here. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete