Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New doors and a cabinet

We are finally getting new storm doors for the house on Friday.  I can't wait to get rid of these old ugly doors.  They look awful.  We are getting security doors that have a scroll pattern and are a bronze color. This is the front door.
As you can see Kolby has to get in the picture.  We have no white on our house except for these doors.  Even our vinyl windows are a cream color.  Now for the back door on the deck.
This one is actually peeling and of course Kolby had to follow me.  The last door is our walkout basement.
No Kolby in this picture.  He ran out into the backyard to chase a squirrel. I have lived with these ugly doors for almost two years and can't wait to get rid of them.  Hurry up Friday!!!

I found a little cabinet at Goodwill yesterday.  I have been looking for something to put in the front closet that is off the ground since we have a floor vent under the window.  It's funny how that when you don't need any furniture they have all kinds of great stuff and when you are looking for it they don't.  Well yesterday I got lucky and found this cabinet (which is really a top to a hutch) but it will fit perfectly.  It is 30 inches high, 34 inches wide, 10 inches deep and only cost 12.99 ( pretty good price for solid wood).  And of course it is off the floor so it will clear the vent.  Now all I need to do it get it fixed up.  I am not sure if I want to paint it white or dark brown.  I am going to try and get it done this weekend.


It doesn't need much work.  It is in pretty good shape except for the top and it is missing two plugs on the left side.  I was thinking about using it in the dining room by the windows but I think that area needs something a little bit bigger.





No comments :

Post a Comment